We, humans, are strongly driven by feelings and experiences. We feel contented and comfortable when surrounded by our friends and family. We love to be loved, and most of our behavior traits and perspective towards life is build because of this environment.
- Empathy is a strong feeling of connecting with somebody or with someone who is in pain or trouble, whereas Sympathy is based on conditional attributes of the situation and then the action is being taken or felt sorry for another person.
- Empathy creates a feeling of association, whereas Sympathy is an act of understanding.
- Evaluation of the situation is not done on Empathy, whereas in Sympathy evaluation is the first step of the conversation.
- People are not judged in Empathy, whereas Sympathy judge people.
- Empathy might not involve conversation only gestures and expressions can express the feeling of the person, whereas in Sympathy conversation happens.