VR headset is a device that is a head-mounted device that allows users to immerse themselves in virtual reality. VR headsets are most typically connected with video games. They can also be used in trainers and simulators. Certain VR headsets come with eye-tracking detectors and gaming consoles. The VR glasses feature head-tracking technology, which changes the field of vision when the user rotates their head. Besides this, the technology isn’t said to be much perfect, and there will be a delay if the head moves too quickly. However, it does offer an immersive experience.
Merge VR vs Oculus Go
The main difference between Merge VR and Oculus Go is that Merge VR is designed to be the smartphone VR headset. And so it was available in the market from January 2017. The devices allow their users to have a 360° view of different videos. On the other hand, Oculus Go is another headset that is designed to be standalone VR. And it was available in the market from October 2017.
Merge VR was designed to be a headset in the market as affordable and providing VR experience to everyone. For this, the company made it supportive for both operating systems that is iOS and Android. The device is much more affordable as the company claims and has dual inputs, is highly portable, and is much easy to clean.
Oculus Go is another headset that was designed to experience the new height of virtual reality. It is categorized as standalone VR and has a field view of 101°. The dimension for the device is around 21 cm * 21 cm * 12 cm, and it weighs about 467 g. The model comes with a lithium-ion battery which is rechargeable and does have a BlueTooth connector.
Comparison Table Between Merge VR and Oculus Go
|Parameters of Comparison||Merge VR||Oculus Go|
|Manufacturer||Merge Labs Inc||Oculus|
|Available In||January 2017||October 2017|
|Category||Designed as smartphone VR||Designed as standalone VR|
|Field of View||96||101|
|Operating system||iOS and Android||Android|
|Screen Size||6 inches||7 inches|
What is Merge VR?
The model Merge VR has been designed and manufactured by the company Merge Labs Inc, and the model became available in the market around January 2017. Thus it has been categorized as a smartphone VR and coms with a safety manual and an extra adjustable strap.
Some of the features that are available with the device and model Merge VR for their valuable customers are as follows –
- The iOS or Android smartphone of users will become a simulated 3D reality headset with the Merge VR goggles.
- Made with soft, lightweight foam, this mask is incredibly comfortable and fits any face wonderfully.
- No controller is required to use the revolutionary dual touch controls that seem to be compatible with VR apps.
- There are countless VR experiences available at the moment now if someone selects Merge. Thus, begin to seek out new experiences daily.
- It’s hygienic and easy to maintain, making it ideal for sharing with friends and family while avoiding the spread of germs.
What is Oculus Go?
The model is among other VR headsets available in the market. The model was designed and manufactured by the company Oculus. The field of view provided by the model is 101°, and the screen size is 7 inches.
Some of the features that are provided in the model Oculus Go that are available to access are –
- Lightweight Headset – created for professional athletes using unique, breathable textiles and injection foam shaping.
- Fast-Switch LCD and Fast Quad – enhances visual clarity and lowers the screen-door effect substantially.
- Oculus Lenses of the Future — with a wider field of view and substantially less glare
- Integrated Spatial Audio – built-in speakers that take you immediately into virtual reality and make the headset easy to share.
- Standalone VR – while in VR, no other devices are necessary (The model requires the Oculus Companion App, which can be downloaded from the iOS and Android app stores).
Main Differences Between Merge VR and Oculus Go
- The model Merge VR is designed and manufactured by Merge Labs Inc, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the model Oculus Go is designed and manufactured by Oculus.
- The model Merge VR became available to the customers in January 2017, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the model Oculus Go became available to the customers in October 2017.
- The Merge VR model belongs to the category of smartphone VR while comparatively, on the other hand, the Oculus Go model belongs to the category of standalone VR.
- The field view for the Merge VR device is around 96, while comparatively, on the other hand, the field view for the device Oculus Go is around 101.
- The operating devices supported by Merge VR device are both iOS and Android, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the operating device supported by the device Oculus Go is Android.
- The approximate weight for the device Merge VR is around 340 g which is quite light, while comparatively, on the other hand, the approximate weight for the device Oculus Go is about 467 g that is heavy.
- The complete dimensions of the model Merge VR are small, while comparatively, on the other hand, the complete dimensions of the model Oculus Go are large.
- The available color variant that is available in Merge VR is purple, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the available color variant available for Oculus Go is White or grey.
- The screen size for the Merge VR model is around 6 inches, while comparatively, on the other hand, the screen size for the Oculus Go model is around 7 inches.
- The price for the model Merge VR is much low and more affordable, while comparatively, on the other hand, the price for the model Oculus Go is much hefty and expensive.
To summarize the given topic, this can be said that the fast revolution of people’s interest towards experiencing virtual reality has been rapidly increased. They were mainly designed to be used with game controllers, accessing, or experiencing 360° view of a video. They persist a type of eye detectors and also have a head-tracking technology that helps in changing the vision of the video.
Both Merge VR and Oculus Go are meant to experience the new horizons of virtual reality. Merge VR was hence designed to be more preferably being affordable to everyone, while Oculus Go was standalone VR. The supporting operating systems for the devices also vary as Merge VR supports both iOS and Android while Oculus Go only supports Android devices.